Want to Make Changes with Hypnosis?
But What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a relaxed therapeutic state. Suggestions are made with the aim of allowing your subconscious to become receptive to consciously desired changes such as losing weight, relaxing anxieties, or quitting smoking.
We often have to fight ourselves to make positive changes. With hypnosis, we aim to make the process easier. We aim to to change the ‘mind’ behind ‘the mind’ or the autopilot responses that we often have to battle against to make desired changes.
There are many myths about hypnosis. It is important to dispel these myths before any hypnotherapy takes place. It is essential to note the following points as the information usually eases my clients minds about the process of hypnosis and trance.
- You cannot be controlled nor made to do anything you do not consciously wish to do in this state.
- You have to be in conscious alignment and receptive to the suggested changes otherwise it’s likely that you will not take the suggestions on board at an unconscious level.
- Conscious motivation is important – you have to want to be a non smoker or to lose weight etc. at least on a conscious level for the hypnosis to be helpful and effective.
- More than likely you are going to hear every word that is said to you in this hypnotic state. You are unlikely to go unconscious but this can happen, particularly in the latter sessions.
- Most clients at the end of the sessions say the process is deeply relaxing and stress reducing in it of itself.
Hypnosis has been used to treat:
Appointments can be booked online via the buttons below.
I studied hypnotherapy at the Government Accredited Academy of Hypnotic Science. I am a Professional Member of The Australian Hypnotherapists' Association, and I am often heard on the radio on stations Kiis FM, 3RRR and Fox FM.
What happens if I can’t be hypnotised?
The majority of people can be hypnotised. Over 90% according to studies. When someone ‘can’t’ be hypnotised, it's generally due to not wanting to be hypnotised or being fearful. The most important thing to realise is that in a therapeutic context, clients can’t be made to do anything they do not wish to do. You are always in control.
What happens if the ‘hypnosis doesn’t work’?
Hypnosis is not a magical pill but it can be a powerful method for resolving inner conflicts that promote unwanted habits. If the issues you come to see me about aren’t addressed in our hypnotherapy sessions, it generally comes down to one of two reasons:
1) Stress levels are just too high. For example: It’s very hard to quit smoking when you’ve just broken up with your partner (a time of huge stress!).
2) You're not motivated.
If you come to see me to curb alcohol consumption, you should expect that other behaviours might have to change. You might have to avoid to going to after work drinks, or to spend time with an alcoholic friend.
Unlike other hypnotherapists, I do not offer a guarantee for my services because it reduces client motivation to get the result they want. You are less likely to quit smoking if you can get a refund at a later time.
How many sessions do I need?
I see most clients for an average of three sessions. I do have clients that see me for more. It should be noted that if progress hasn’t been made after two sessions, hypnotherapy may not be the right modality for you.
Should everyone be hypnotised?
No. Not everyone should be hypnotised. If you suffer from schizophrenia, major depression or psychosis, you will probably need a referral from your GP.
If there’s ever any doubt about hypnosis, you must see your GP or qualified health professional before seeing me.
- Single Session: $195
- Three Session Package: $490
Payment is due at the end of each consultation unless a package is purchased at the end of the first consultation.
Missed appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged unless they can be rescheduled within the fortnight.
How to Book an Appointment Online
Level 1 / Suite 9
517 St Kilda Road
Mobile: 0414 383 314
You will arrive at an external booking system where you can choose an appropriate appointment time.
Residents from Australia can instantly book a private appointment below.
Please Note: Results vary. Testimonials and examples used are exceptional results and not intended to guarantee, promise represent or assure that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.